Thursday 30 September 2010

Download: Wakey Wakey - Twenty two


Ja. Meteen een lekkere oorbijter. Zet deze Mike Grubbs uit NYC achter een piano and magic will happen. Album: Almost everything I wish I'd said the last time I saw you. “We set out to make an album this time,” explains Grubbs. “I realize that’s not where people say this business is headed these days, but there’s something about translating a year’s worth of experience into ten songs and letting that tell the story. I feel lucky to have the chance to do that on my own terms.” Zal gek lopen als we deze tune niet terug gaan horen in een commercial ofzo.

"Driven by a stern piano bounce -- courtesy of frontman Mike Grubbs -- indie-pop-on-Mozart quintet Wakey!Wakey! are quickly becoming the talk of the Big Apple with rhythm-heavy, heartfelt ballads, and -- most notably -- Grubbs' striking Top 40 pipes. With an audience that ranges easily from wet-eyed punk rockers to stay-at-home moms, Wakey!Wakey! merge old and new, downcast classical renderings and indie rock pop-smarts -- and formulate a dynamic sound all their own." - Spin.com

Home: oorbijter












No comments:

Post a Comment